Prof. Christina Schindler
Christina Schindler was born in Kassel in 1962. During her studies at Kunsthochschule Kassel, she specialized in animation. She has been producing animated films for children in Berlin since 1988 and has worked in various artistic fields as an author, director, and producer. In 2002, she was appointed professor in the Animation B.F.A. and M.F.A. programs of Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF. She has been head of the Animation program and vice dean since 2004.
Schindler has received numerous national and international prizes, including two Prix Jeunesse awards, a Goldener Spatz award, and a Glass Bear at the Berlinale. Besides, she was nominated for a German Film Award, a Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau Award, and a Prix Danube.
She has held workshops in Germany and abroad for, among others, the Goethe-Institut, the Berlin Academy of Arts, and the KIKA children's channel. She is an author, screenplay editor, and member of several selection committees and juries of film festivals – including the Generation section of the Berlinale, the Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film (ITFS), the Goldener Spatz Festival in Gera, and the Frankfurt International Children's Film Festival (LUCAS).
For more information, please visit: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Schindler
Story development and screenwriting for animated films, animated film history
- Workshops for children and adults on behalf of the Goethe-Institut, the Berlin Academy of Arts, and the SchulKinoWochen (School Cinema Weeks)
- Workshops for KIKA's Trickboxx project and FUBKW's children's film university
- Author for Falken-Verlag, screenplay editor for Universum Filmverleih
- Story development, screenwriting, directing, and producing for animated films
Films / Projects / Publications
- Complete works – exhibition and DVD (DE, 2009)
- Papierpiraten (DE, 2005,for a feature-length animated film)
- Anders Artig (DE, 2001, 7 min, color, animation)
- Zugvögel (DE, 1997, 7 min, color, live-action/animation)
- Rinnsteinpiraten (DE, 1993, 35 mm, 10 min, color, live-action/animation)
- Nachts sind alle Katzen bunt (DE, 1990, 35 mm, 7 min, hand-colored, animation)
- Rabengeschichten (DE, 1988, PAL, 8 min, color, animation)
- Aus-Flug (DE, 1987, 35 mm, 10 min, color, stop motion)
- Flaschenpost (DE, 1986, 16 mm, 7 min, color, stop motion)
- Circus (DE, 1984, 16 mm, 3 min, color, stop motion)
- Various trailers and advertising films