Katrin Springer holds a Diplom degree in Media Consulting. From 1989, she worked as an assistant director and production manager and, on a regular basis, for the Emden International Film Festival on Norderney island. Since 1999, she has been working as a production manager, line producer, post-production coordinator, and production consultant for various national and international film productions.
In 2009, she established the Filmkantine UG production company, which develops and produces documentaries.
Between 2010 and 2012, she was a freelance instructor at the DEKRA University of Applied Sciences.
Springer has been an academic assistant in the Film and Television Production program of Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF since April 2015. She is a mother of two daughters.
Katrin Springer is a member of the German Documentary Association (AG DOK) and the European Documentary Network (EDN).
- Film production
- Supervision of interdisciplinary exercises
- Sustainable producing
Filmography (as Producer)
- Cinema: A Public Affair, (Documentary, 2015, 99 min, directed by Tatiana Brandrup), World premiere in the Forum section of the 2015 Berlin International Film Festival, Awards: Best Documentary Film, Filmkunstfest Mecklenburg-Vorpommern 2015
- The Patent Wars, (Documentary, 2014, 52 & 80 min, directed by Hannah Leonie Prinzler), Awards: Nominated for a Prix Europa award in 2014, Best Documentary in the New Directors competition of the 38th São Paulo International Film Festival, Herbert-Quandt-Medienpreis 2015
- The Education of Auma Obama, (Documentary, 2011, 79 min, directed by Branwen Okpako), World premiere at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival, Awards: Africa Movie Academy Award, Best Diaspora Documentary, Lagos, 2012; Audience Choice Award, Africa International Film Festival, Lagos, 2011; Festival Founders' Award – Best Documentary, Panafrican Film Festival, Los Angeles, 2012
- Ausverkauf im Kernkraftwerk, (Documentary for SWR, 2012, 30 min, directed by Jörg Hommer)
- Hackney Lullabies, (Short documentary, 2011, 11 min, directed by Kyoko Miyake), Awards: Rated "Particularly Valuable" by the German Film Rating Office (FBW), winner of the Berlin Today Award at Berlinale 2011, nominated for Best UK Short & Best Short Documentary at the 2012 London Short Film Festival
- Lübbos Frau wartet, (Short film, 2002, directed by Birthe Templin), Awards: Young Talent Award at the Vendôme Film Festival "Image en région 2003"